As previously announced by the AGCO on May 6, 2019, a number of changes to regulations under the Liquor Licence and Control Act, 2019 (LLCA) have been approved by the Government of Ontario.
We take education of the LLA very seriously. In an effort to improve our communication with our Certificate Holders, we wanted to share this information with you and help you understand the Things You Must Know.
The following changes have been made:
- Unless stated, all changes are effective as of May 6, 2019
- Hours of sale for alcohol
- Advertising requirements for alcohol
- Serving sizes for “By-The-Glass” Licences
- Special Occasion Permit (SOP) holders, requirements for boundaries of the permit area and the removal of providing a “sufficient supply of food”
- New – Tailgate Event SOP, that will allow for people 19+ to bring their own liquor (BYOB)
Smart Serve Ontario is a registered Charity, with a mandate to support the industry in their endeavours to ensure responsible alcohol sales and service is aligned with public safety for the good of our communities and Ontario.
We encourage everyone to take the time to review the changes in more detail, located on the AGCO’s website:
It is important for anyone working where alcohol is sold, served, or handled to understand the law and continue to ensure safe and responsible sales & service of alcohol beverages. Safe and responsible starts with you!