Start Your Online Courses
Learn online – When, where, and how you want!
Individual Certification training can be completed online 24/7. The training will prepare you to work in any environment where alcohol is sold, served, or sampled in the province of Ontario. Get ready to learn with short videos, quizzes, text/audio, activities, and games before completing the Final Certification Test online.
The online program is fully translated and available in six (6) different languages: English, French, Chinese, Korean, Punjabi, and Spanish.
Here is an overview of the Smart Serve Online® Training Program:
- The online program consists of multiple learning modules and chapters.
- You will learn through videos, audio, text, playing games, and quizzes, with immediate feedback.
- A status bar will show your progress as you complete the training modules.
- After fully completing all activities within the chapters/modules, your Final Test will be made available in your account.
- You can launch the test when you are ready.
- After you complete your test, a list of questions that were incorrectly answered will be provided immediately to you.
- Don’t forget to download the Smart Serve TIP Sheets & Job Aids!
The training is for personal use and must be completed by the individual who is the registered owner of the Online Account.
IMPORTANT: Once you start the Final Test, you must complete it in one sitting (about 30 mins). If you exit the test or leave the camera view, you will lose that attempt.
1. Getting Started
- It takes about 3-4hrs to complete
- You do not need to finish in one sitting
- Your progress is saved as you learn
- You have 30 days to complete the Training & Final Test
2. Quizzes & Games
- Games test your comprehension & retention
- Activities will allow you to “role play”
- Quizzes will provide answers, as you learn
- Play the games as many times as you like
3. Final Test – TIPS
- You must score 80% or higher to pass
- Two (2) attempts at the Final Test are available to you
- You will need a working web camera & microphone (check your browser settings to ensure it is not blocked)
- You will need a valid government issued I.D.
- You will be Proctored and monitored during the test
- Your session will be reviewed for an integrity check before releasing your Certificate
- Take the test in a comfortable environment, with no distractions
- Once you start the test you cannot stop or leave the camera view
- Check your email for information regarding your test session