Start Your Online Course
Smart Serve Online Training
Please read the training course details and guidelines, listed below, before registering.
Smart Serve Recertification
Already have an eCertificate in your online account? Recertify BEFORE your expiry date and save.
Learn online – When, where, and how you want!
Individual training can be completed online 24/7. The training will prepare you to work in any environment where alcohol is sold, served, delivered, or sampled, in the province of Ontario. Get ready to learn with short videos, quizzes, text/audio, activities, and games before completing the Final Certification Test online.
The online program is fully translated and available in six (6) different languages: English, French, Chinese, Korean, Punjabi, and Spanish.
Here is an overview of the Smart Serve Online® Training Program:
- The online program consists of multiple learning modules and chapters.
- You will learn through videos, audio, text, playing games, and quizzes, with immediate feedback.
- A status bar will show your progress as you complete the training modules.
- After fully completing all activities within the chapters/modules, your Final Test will be made available in your account.
- You can launch the test when you are ready. Learn more about proctored testing.
- After you complete your test, a list of questions that were incorrectly answered will be provided immediately to you.
- Don’t forget to download the Smart Serve TIP Sheets & Job Aids!
The training is for personal use and must be completed by the individual who is the registered owner of the Online Account.
IMPORTANT: Once you start the Final Test, you must complete it in one sitting (about 30 mins). If you exit the test or leave the camera view, you will lose that attempt.
Training Course Details:
- It takes about 4 hours.
- You can start and stop your training, as you learn.
- You must complete the training and Final Test within 30-days.
- Each purchase includes two (2) attempts at the Final Test. If the proctor flags your test session for a violation, you will lose your test attempt(s), even if you passed the test.
- A valid government issued photo identification will be required to access your Final Test. Learn more about proctored testing.
- You must meet all proctoring test requirements and achieve 80% or higher to earn a certificate.
- The test consists of 33 multiple choice questions that are randomly generated.
- You will receive a confirmation of completion email.
- You can view your eCertificate from the “My Results” tab in your online account.
- Smart Serve reserves the right to review all tests.
- All fees are in Canadian Dollars (CAD) and are non-refundable.
Register or Login
Technical Requirements: We recommend that you take the training program on a desktop/laptop computer. The program is responsive and will work on a tablet or smartphone but you may find the screen size to be small and hard to interact with some of the training elements.
- A reliable internet connection
- If you are using your smartphone – please ensure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network¹
- Turn-on browser pop-ups
- Final Tests require a working web camera and microphone
- View full detailed technical requirements – CLICK HERE
Important: Internet Explorer is not a supported internet browser. To view all browser requirements – Click Here.
¹ Smart Serve Ontario is not responsible for any personal data usage you may incur if you choose to use your smartphone. The program has a number of videos which may use substantial mobile data if you are not connected to Wi-Fi
1. Getting Started
- It takes about 4 hours to complete
- You do not need to finish in one sitting
- Your progress is saved as you learn
- You have 30 days to complete the Training & Final Test
2. Quizzes & Games
- Games test your comprehension & retention
- Activities will allow you to “role play”
- Quizzes will provide answers, as you learn
- Play the games as many times as you like
3. Final Test – TIPS
- You must score 80% or higher to pass
- Two (2) attempts at the Final Test are available to you
- You will need a working web camera & microphone (check your browser settings to ensure it is not blocked)
- You will need a valid government issued photo I.D.
- You will be proctored and monitored during the test session. Learn more
- Your session will be reviewed for an integrity check before releasing your Certificate
- Take the test in a comfortable environment, with no distractions
- Once you start the test you cannot stop or leave the camera view
- Check your email for information regarding your test session