Recent changes to the liquor framework in Ontario will impact all existing Smart Serve certificate holders as of July 1, 2022. Read more.
After June 30, 2023, all Smart Serve certificates issued BEFORE July 1, 2018, will be expired.
Individuals with a current (not-expired) Smart Serve certificate can recertify online, before their certificate expires, for a reduced fee. To do so, you must first:
- Register or confirm you have access to your Individual Online Account.
- Login and go to the “My Results” tab to view your eCertificate and check your expiry date.
- Confirm your personal account information matches your government issued photo identification. If you need to request a legal name change, please submit your request by following the instructions found on the “My Account” tab in your account.
- Employee Recertification Reminder Flyer – Download 8.5 x 11
- Employee Recertification Reminder Flyer – Download 11 x 17
- For more recertification support, click here.
Smart Serve Recertification
You must have a valid (not-expired) certificate in your online account to qualify for the discounted course fee.
You will be required to purchase and fully complete the training course. Final Tests are completed online only and will be proctored. After successful completion, you will be issued a NEW eCertificate with a 5-year expiry date. (See full training guidelines).
You can access a copy of your eCertificate from the “My Results” tab in your online account. This is your proof of completion (plastic cards are no longer being mailed).
On November 29, 2021, the Ontario government introduced the Liquor Licence and Control Act, 2019 (LLCA). Regulations have been updated and are available at Ontario.ca/laws.
NOTE: Our training program has been updated to reflect the new LLCA. Please review the Information Bulletin from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) for more information on how it may impact you.