Your well-being and safety are very important to everyone. We are working closely to support the AGCO and the ever-changing Ontario Public Health and Government announcements.
As things change, it is important to remember that the access to alcohol must continue to remain safe, secure, and provided in a socially responsible manner. You must continue to follow the Ontario liquor laws and regulations.
- Date July 6, 2020 – Beginning July 7, 2020 under City of Toronto By-Law 51-2020 wearing a mask or face covering will be required in indoor public spaces. The by-law allows for temporary removal of the covering when having a meal. READ MORE from City of Toronto
- Date June 18, 2020 – Temporary change for “By the Glass” licensees to extend their outdoor space, once permitted to open. READ MORE from AGCO
- Date June 8, 2020 – A temporary amendment to the Liquor License Act (LLA) will allow licensed establishments to extend outdoor patio spaces and “tied houses.” When it is safe to re-open, establishments must still meet all requirements and have municipal approval. READ MORE from AGCO
- Date May 6, 2020 – An amendment to the Liquor Licence Act (LLA) affecting licensees has been made. The change is a reduction to the minimum pricing requirement for spirits and is only for those selling alcohol with food for takeout and delivery, during the declared state of emergency. READ MORE from AGCO
- Date April 27, 2020 – Temporary early retail sales hours (7AM – 11PM) have been extended until December 31, 2020 READ MORE from AGCO
- Date April 24, 2020 – The period for free enrollment has now ended. Thank you! We are very proud to have been able to provide access to 100,000 free training courses since April 1st. In partnership with the AGCO, we have provided $3.5 Million in value towards this initiative. CLICK TO READ FULL RELEASE
- Date April 8, 2020 – As a reminder we ask that anyone under 18 years of age, not take the training at this time, due to high demand. Current online training offer is subject to availability.
- Date April 5, 2020 – We have had over 50,000 registrations since April 1st. We are proud to know that so many people will be responsibly certified and ready to work in the industry, now as delivery drivers and in the future, after this crisis ends. As we work to ensure there is enough funding to support this initiative (until April 30th) we have temporary paused access to new registrations. READ MORE from AGCO
- Date April 1, 2020 – To help support licensed establishments and the need to increase the availability of certified delivery drivers, in partnership with the AGCO, if you are a courier/delivery driver you are required to obtain your certification by April 25, 2020 – REGISTER
- Date March 26, 2020 – QUICK FACTS serving alcohol with food for takeout or delivery
- Date March 26, 2020 – Info Bulletin No. 61: Liquor sales licensees may now sell liquor for takeout or delivery along with food
- Date March 26, 2020 – Ontario Adopts Temporary Measures to Support Bars, Restaurants and Alcohol Retailers During the COVID-19 Situation
- Date March 19, 2020 – AGCO services during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Date March 18, 2020 – AGCO Message to Liquor Licensees about the Government of Ontario’s Direction for Bars and Restaurants to Close in Response to the Spread of COVID-19
- Date March 17, 2020 – Ontario Enacts Declaration of Emergency to Protect the Public
It is important for anyone working where alcohol is sold, served, delivered, or handled, to understand the law and continue to ensure safe and responsible sales & service of alcohol beverages. Follow us for updates.
Safe and responsible starts with you!